Sixth City Can Take Your College, University, or Trade School to the Next Level
Whether you are trying to improve undergraduate or graduate enrollment figures at your, Sixth City Marketing can help you surpass your goals.
Our team has years of experience helping schools reach their goals through our range of digital marketing services, and we’d be happy to help yours do the same.
How We Show Results
We show our results through:
- Increases in overall leads (both online and phone) which are tracked through Google Analytics
- Traffic improvement (overall, from search engines and from paid channels) in Google Analytics
- Boosting of keyword positions (in SEO campaigns)
- Decreases in cost-per-lead metrics (in paid campaigns)
- Matching leads we obtains through PPC and SEO to enrollments in your programs
The synergy of these factors combined is critical in gauging the effectiveness of an overall campaign. We evaluate each metric using industry-standard platforms.
“The team at Sixth City Marketing is GREAT! We went through an extensive re-branding process in our college and John and his staff were with us every step of the way. They were readily available for any questions we had. I would recommend Sixth City to any person/company, whether it’s their first-time building a website and online marketing presence or if they are experienced veterans.” – Stephanie Berry, Kent State University
Digital Marketing Channels We Utilize
We specialize in helping higher education institutions and schools increase enrollment through digital marketing channels such as:
- Search Engine Optimization– Strategic content creation, link building, keyword analysis, competitor research, and additional technical website optimization for targeting high-volume and regionally focused terms to attract potential students.
- Pay-Per-Click Campaigns– Targeted paid ads via Google Ads, Bing, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms that have the ability to target students based on age, location, and more.
- Social Media– Content creation, scheduling, monitoring, and response on all of your social media platforms to show students you are active and involved.
- Website Design and Development– Redesigning your site with changes to improve your conversion rate and encourage website visitors to contact your departments for information, visits, and application requirements.
- HubSpot Marketing– Help your sales team by integrating HubSpot into your website with web forms that allow you to see the lead source, help with lead organization, create workflows, let you send emails, and much more.
- Email Marketing– Writing, designing, and scheduling emails for your target audience to help reach out to new student inquires, nurture the process for students who have already requested information, and more.
- Auditing/Consulting– Diagnosing areas of improvement for website content, site structure, technical issues, and various suggestions to improve your Google Analytics data.
Our Approach to Higher Education Digital Marketing
- We create a unique strategy to match your campaign priorities. No cookie-cutter approaches here.
- We have the luxury of offering high-quality service and attention to detail that larger, more detached agencies cannot.
- We don’t take shady shortcuts that could improve rank superficially but harm your long-term success.
- We have an in-house staff of writers and strategists.
- We offer a varied portfolio of services to help your site’s conversion rate (design for conversion, video, social media) that we can work into a retainer agreement.
Get to Know Sixth City Marketing
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, and with offices in Columbus, Indianapolis, Chicago, and Pittsburgh, Sixth City Marketing helps clients across a wide variety of industries achieve their online goals through proven digital marketing tactics, and one of our specialties is higher education marketing campaigns.
We have more than 25+ years of combined online marketing experience, and we are eager to help your school not just meet but exceed its enrollment goals.
We want to work together with you to achieve your marketing goals. These could include:
- Gaining more qualified leads from prospective students
- Boosting relevant traffic to your website
- Improving your online presence within a specific targeted area
- Return on investment from leads that turn into students
- Increasing overall website strength for years to come
Why You Should Choose Us for Higher Education Marketing
As mentioned above, since we’re a small firm, our team of digital marketing experts strive to offer a specialized approach for each of our clients. We are focused on providing the highest-quality campaign paying attention to close detail.
We first discuss different goals, target audiences and locations you want to market in for your school. Throughout our campaigns, we keep in contact with you and your company to discuss what’s been working and what’s not through on-going meetings. And before we start, we will discuss your ideal strategy for your business so we can adapt our campaign to your desired goals.
We know there are many digital marketing agencies out there and it’s important for you and your business to find the best agency that meets your goals and needs. At Sixth City, our full-service digital agency not only offers an array of fundamental services, but also all the benefits of a smaller, personalized agency. We are more than happy to help digitally market your school programs exactly how you want!
Why Colleges, Universities, and Trade Schools Need Digital Marketing
Take a look at some statistics that can help you decide to invest in digital marketing for higher education:
- Over 80% of students have accessed a college website on a mobile device, with 37% of students scheduling campus tours after visiting their website (Chegg)
- 67% of internet users use search engines as their first source of information for colleges and 64.6% of those clicks are on paid ads (tSunela)
- 2% of teens and younger persons are more likely to abandon slow-loading sites (Nielsen Norman Group)
- 50% of younger applicants use 5+ more social sites for college research (Inside HigherEd)
“I am extremely pleased with Sixth City Marketing. The college’s website traffic has increased substantially along with a significant increase in the quality of our admission leads. Plus, within a short period of time Sixth City’s SEO efforts have catapulted our Google rankings taking us from a buried page to top listings on Google. Sixth City has made a significant difference in the business college’s rankings and admissions.” – Michelle Parrish Manning, Kent State University College of Business Administration, Director Marketing and Communications
Higher Education Marketing Success Stories
Kent State University – College of Business Administration
In 2017, we worked with Kent State on their EMBA program, and compared to 2016 we were able to produce the following results through our specialized higher education SEO, website optimization, and pay-per-click services:
- Leads from organic search increased by 38%
- Leads from paid search increased by 148%
- Overall leads increased by 135%
Four Ways Digital Marketing Helps All Types of Schools
The Targeting Is Specific
When deciding to invest in our digital marketing services, especially PPC, we have the ability to narrow down who your ads are shown to based on aspects such as age, location, income, interests, and more. All of these factors help you get more qualified leads and make the most of your budget.
Improves Online Presence
The online world is continuously growing and not stopping any time soon, with that in mind having a good online presence can be a deciding factor for prospective students. There are variety of marketing tactics such as content optimization, technical web improvements, and more that can all increase your current rankings to help students find your university, college, or trade school.
Boosts Brand Reputation
We have certain strategies aimed at helping your business gain more reviews online, through messaging on your website, email newsletters, social media posts, and more. Getting more testimonials for potential students to read creates great leverage and encourages clicks and leads. We want to ensure each of our clients and customers are listened to and their feedback is valuable in making our team even stronger.
Expands Your Current Market
Along with implementing traditional marketing methods over the years, search engines and social media sites can help you reach more potential customers your other tactics could not. It’s important to first review your current market and think about the goals you want to achieve in the long run. This can help open the doors to new ways for marketing higher education online.
Your Questions on Digital Marketing for Higher Ed, Answered
Here are some frequent questions we receive on our various services, common industry terms, and more.
- What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization, which is a practice of digital marketing that includes making strategic adjustments to your website’s online presence to appear more prominently on search engines. It involves various tactics that are proven to help your website increase its rank.
- What is PPC?
PPC is the acronym for pay per click, which is an industry term used to define paid online advertising. The term comes from businesses paying a fee for every click they receive on their online ads. PPC is often done through platforms such as Google, Bing, Facebook, and more.
- Will I be able to monitor results?
Yes, not only will we send you a report on a monthly basis that details the progress of your campaign, but you will have access to your website’s Google Analytics profile which grants you access to real-time data and insights.
- Will I be able to see ROI data?
Thanks to the platforms we utilize in our agency, we are able to see lead source tracking data that can help us, and your team, see which leads came in through our work, and then converted into students.
“Sixth City Marketing has been instrumental to the success of our online MA in Translation program’s marketing/advertising initiatives. Their expertise in search engine optimization and web design have helped us tremendously in reaching our target audiences and in enhancing our visibility. Their ideas are fresh and innovative. It’s a sincere pleasure working with such a dedicated team!” -Erik Angelone, Kent State University Department of Modern & Classical Language Studies
Invest in Our Higher Education Marketing Agency Today
Are you ready to see how our higher education SEO can assist you in bringing in more students to your school? Reach out today to learn how we can help.